Thursday, March 29, 2012

Current Event

This article is about how spectators who watch ballet show muscle response in there brain as if they were ballet dancers. Nothing really happened to make it a story but it is a very interesting topic. I know when I am on stage I am wondering what people are saying or doing while I am dancing and this explains one of the many possibility. These very smart people tested spectators while they were watching ballet and the brain activities starts when they look up and watch. They do not now why it happens I guess they just are so into the music, dancing and the story that comes with it all. Surprisingly they mentioned in the article that the Indian dance form does not measure any brain activity. They said it is not clear why but they said it might have to do with that ballet is classical and the Indian dance is more gestural actions than ballet so that they may have the feelings that you easily understand the narrative through it.
I do not really have an opinion about this article I thought it was good but I do think it needs more information. Half of the article was about the Indian dance that did not show any brain activities. I wish they gave more information on to why the ballet gives the spectators brain activities I would have been very intrigued. All I now is that I love the first sentence " Ballet lovers may truly feel that they are dancing". I really wish they feel that way it is a good feeling that the crowd is really getting into the dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment